Saturday, July 12, 2008

A poem for Tammy ...

Below is a poem that I have to write on for the Excel Study Guide and I really love it, it makes me think of Tam for some reason - maybe it's the Chisel link but I think it's because of the tree itself and its strength and beauty.


Enjoy!!


Flame Tree in a Quarry

From the broken bone of the hill

stripped and left for dead,

like a wrecked skull,

leaps out this bush of blood.

Out of the torn earth’s mouth

comes the old cry of praise.

Still is the song made flesh

though the singer dies –

flesh of the world’s delight,

voice of the world’s desire,

I drink you with my sight

and I am filled with fire.

Out of the very wound

springs up this scarlet breath –

this fountain of hot joy,

this living ghost of death.

By Judith Wright

2 comments:

The Daly's said...

Deep very deep

Tammy said...

thank you :) I will have to find more of her poetry.